Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FINALLY HERE


Shalom friends!

We are finally here in Israel. Currently I am in a hotel in Tiberias near the Gailee Sea (which is the Christian name for it, but I already forgot the Hebrew name of it). Our flight was pretty good...it left from Philadelphia airport. When we got to the airport we met up with our Hillel group so that we could check in all together. There were some other Birthright trips going to, so typical me got confused. I eventually figured it out and found Alli, Alex, and Alex. In our bus group there are also kids from Brown, Ithaca, and Binghamton. Before we left we ate at Chickies and Pete's which is always good. The flight to Israel has two steps of security which is pretty intimidating but it made me feel better about the flight. The flight was like 10 hours long so I watched "Easy A" and "The Social Network" and of course listened to Taylor Swift....I'm not sure if I slept or not, it was kind of like a weird sleep limbo thing going on.

We finally arrived in beautiful Tel Aviv at like 3 pm their time. It's like 65 degrees here which awesome compared to the snow we've been getting. We then took the bus to Tiberias...it was like a 3 hour bus ride but I was passed out the whole time. Also on the bus we met our guide and the guard whose staying with us the whole trip-he carries around a rifle, it's pretty badass. When we got to our hotel in Tiberias we dropped our bags off and ate dinner. Dinner was interesting...I ate hummus and oranges. Yum. We then had our ice breakers and orientation and got to know everyone a little bit better. It was fun...however I'm exhausted now and I need to get up early (6 AM!) to go to Golan Heights which should be awesome and then to a cemetery and the naot shoe factory. So for now...goodnight my friends. I need to pass out.

-Gabbie

P.S This is my picture with my Sprite in Hebrew! HOLLLAAA!

1 comment: