Sunday, May 30, 2010

10 Things I've Noticed While Here

1) Italians are very nice to the elderly, on buses or any public transportation people will give up their seat for the elderly. However it's kind of ironic cause they don't mind pushing them down just to get on the bus...

2) PDA (public displays of affection for those of you who don't know) is perfectly fine. Today on the beach a couple might have well gone the whole way as well...I'll leave that for you to interpret.

3) Sundays suck. I want to cook dinner tonight but, hey the grocery store isn't open.

4) Public places do not let you use bathrooms. The other night someone told us we can mop the floor if we wanted to use the bathroom. Yeah okay.

5) Too many carbs.

6) People don't wear shorts here. If you were shorts you can automatically tell someone is American.

7) I can see how tourists are annoying. I know I've only been living here for 6 days, but seriously. Nothing makes me more angry than people just stopping in the middle of the street to take a picture of something totally irrelevant. Please move to the side so I can walk to class, thanks.

8) Nothing is ever clear, directions, websites, how to get places, what's going to happen. People tend to be a little more 'lax here than the states, it's good and bad.

9) Fruits and vegetables are 10x better here. So fresh. I do not know how I'll ever eat in the states again...

10) Not an observation but, that being said, I can go for a cheeseburger right now...

That's all for now, I'll post more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment