Saturday, May 29, 2010

Class and the Crawl

So I haven't updated in the past few days just cause I've been so busy between school, going out, and aperitifs!

So class started and so far it is pretty interesting. In the mornings I have archaeology with a teacher that looks like Nigel Thornberry with a german accent. It's pretty crazy. The classes have been pretty good as we go on site with all of them and I get to see a lot of things that I probably wouldn't go to on my own. It's really sick. Yesterday our class went to overlook the Roman Forum and we learned about the story of Romulus and Remus, the 7 hills of Rome and we went to the museum attached to the Vittorio Emmanuel II monument. It was tight. On Monday I believe we're going actually into the forums!

After class Amelia and I climbed up the Vittorio Emmanuel monument, arguably one of the best views in Rome. It was absolutely amazing. We got lunch, I ate a calzone that was okay, but not the best thing I've had since being here. It started to rain which sucked, but we got through it.

Then we went to our Art of Rome class which has been really fascinating. Our teacher is really great. Did you know that people like Bruno the scientist who proceeded Galileo was burned at the stake at Campo de Fiori? Pretttty crazy. During this class we pretty much repeated what we had learned in archaeology earlier and examined the Temple of Saturn.

Later that night we went on the Spanish Steps Pub Crawl...absolutely, ridiculously fun! We went to 3 bars and a club. It was a pretty good deal and we got to meet a lot of different people this way too. Today I'm not sure what we're doing but I'm sure it'll be good. Tomorrow we are going to the beach, I'm pretty pumped!

Well that's it for now, i'll talk later!

A presto!

Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment