Monday, May 31, 2010

So Now I'm In Italy and I'm a Good Cook?

So before I forget, number 11 of things I've observed...Italian's do not realize the yankees-red sox rivalry that goes on in the states. I saw a young Italian the other day wearing a Boston jersey with Yankees shorts...he would have gotten his ass kicked in the states...

Anyhow moving on. Yesterday I went to the beach with AUR to the Ostia Dunes. It was pretty nice, just kind of inconvenient with all the switches we had to do to get there. After the beach Danielle and I went on a big, huge, adventure...our biggest yet...to...get ready for it....MCDONALDS AT PIAZZA DE SPAGNA. Okay, you're probably like "Why the heck would you go to Italy and go to McDonalds?!" Well this particular McDonalds is in a huge old building with over 800 seats. In addition they have a caprese salad and it was on the Travel Channel and we all know how much I love the Travel Channel and aspire to be the next Anthony Bourdain. Pretty much it was great, except that you had to pay for ketchup...oh well.

Today with my classes we studied the Porticus of Octavia, some stuff from Augustus, Circus Maximous, and the Column of Trajan. The classes are extremely interesting and I truly do enjoy them.

Tonight for dinner I cooked again! I made my own bruschetta with chopped cherry tomatoes, mixed with basil, olive oil (or has Rachel Ray says "a little EVOO") and some balsamic on toasted italian bread that I did as well. For the main meal I made us all eggplant parm on the grill with homemade sauce...Alexis says I should be on "Top Chef" at the rate my cooking is going. Tonight I'm just hanging low. With that being said I'm going to go enjoy some Nutella and shower!

A presto!

<3 Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment