Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things Get Crazy at Campo Dei Fiori

Hello everyone!

Last night was absolutely crazy fun. After our home cooked meal we went out with the other girls in our program from the other apartment! We went to the Drunken Ship, which apparently is a top 10 bar in Rome...did not meet my standards though for that! The bartenders didn't even know how to make the drinks and had to keep reading the menu for the recipe. In addition the lights would not stop going out! When we there however Danielle and I got the buy one get one free special and ordered a Flirtini which was really interesting and she ordered the Sunken Ship which was some blue drink that I'm guessing is their signature drink...which STILL the bartenders had to look at the menu to make. After we were all nice and good we left their and went to the next bar. We went their got some other drinks and met up with some other people from our program...good times good times.

After that we went to another bar which was also a lot of fun! Then we just hung around the piazza. It is definitely one of my favorite places so far. The nightlife there is awesome. Today we woke up a little late and started going to the Bocca dell' Verita (spelling?) which is a famous statue. It is said in Roman Myth that if you put your hand in the statues mouth and you are a liar it will eat your hand off...well funny thing is...it was closed when we got there. =( BUT we then went to Piazza Venezia and saw the "Wedding Cake" of a building of Rome which is the monument to Vittorio Emanuele II. It is by far one of the MOST beautiful buildings here. After we took some great pics we made our way towards the Spanish Steps. We got gelato and people watched from the steps....SO ITALIAN. Here is where I also bitched out one of those street workers trying to sell me flowers and beer and jewelry and light up shit. NO I do not want your cheap shit...NO NON GRAZIE. How many times do I have to tell these people this?! I'm sitting here trying to enjoy the view and they were bothering me!

Anyhow, when we got back to our apartment we went to dinner and I got this awesome carbonera pasta at a place up the street. Seriously all the locals go here...you can tell.

Well I'm off to bed now...nothing like waking up for a 8:40 am class...that I have to take a bus to. I forgot I was here for class! Oh well! Buona Notte Italia e America!

A presto.

Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment