Saturday, May 22, 2010

Night before (or day of)..

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on my blog while I am away in Italy for a big chunk of this summer! Tonight my parents threw me a going away party which was a lot of fun. It was great to see a lot of family and friends, plus my sorority sisters Caitlin and Britta who came up to see me from Fairfax! That anxious-nervous-excited feeling you get before depature is really starting to kick in, but I am so ready for this trip and have been since I've been accepted to the program. I'm all packed, ipod is updated, and now all I have left to do is have my last American brunch with my mom at the diner (typical Jersey) and then be dropped off at Newark Airport. My flight leaves around 5:30 pm and I will be landing in Rome around 7:30 am at the Fiumcino Airport (not sure if that is spelt right).

I am so excited to get to Italy. After my trip to Seaside Heights today, I think I've had enough of this fake Italian-ness of "guidos" going on in Jersey and across the country...funny to laugh at, but it gets REAL old fast.

Well off to bed I go as I have a long day of travels. I'll write again soon!

A Presto!

-Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment