Sunday, June 27, 2010

London Calling


Hello from London!

I hope you all enjoyed my last post on Rome because I truly miss it a lot! London has been fantastic so far though. I arrived on Friday via Austrian Airlines. Let me tell you, I LOVED THAT PLANE. The flight attendants were the most pleasant people I've ever met in that business and when I walked on they were like speaking German. It was great. They had funny all red outfits on though and the food they gave us was interesting...but it was fun.

When I got off the plane I went through customs (yay new passport stamps), collected my luggage, and went on my first tube experience. Now when people say the London metro is the nicest thing ever, they aren't kidding. It is so clean! I feel like I'm on the monorail at Disney, it's great. Also the "Mind the Gap" thing is precious too.

When I finally arrived at my destination I had some difficulty carrying my luggage. Thankfully the Brits are really nice people and helped me carry it up the stairs. I got to my hostel/dorm room place at the University of Westminster. It's actually like really nice here, just a little far out from the city. After I got here I went and met up with Jess which was good.

The next day we went to Oxford Circus. It's really cool a lot of shopping and such, reminded me of Via del Corso in Rome. We ended up getting lunch at Pizza Hut, because it's like a legit restaurant in London (who knew!) and we went to Topshop of course. But I'm broke from these pounds and didn't buy anything. After our day there that night we went to watch the US game...such a disappointment, freaking Ghana! Then we went to Camden Town, which I compared to Trastevere of London, a lot of bars and cool clubs and such. We went to a club called Gilgamesh and met up with her friends. It was a lot of fun, despite the old ass people in the club.

Today I went and explored a little bit. I ended up at Piccadilly Circus and watched the England game. Talk about another disappointment. After that I went to Covent Garden and explored and got some dinner at Marks and Spencer. It was a nice day.
Now I am back at my room. Tomorrow I'll be going to Jess' and Oxford for the day!

Toodeloo!

me

No comments:

Post a Comment