Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rule #67 of Rome: Don't Do Bruce at Karaoke


Haven't written a real post in a while sooo quick overview of what has happened in my life since Tuscany:

1) Amelia and I found ourselves at a gay bar called "Coming Out". It was actually a lot of fun, but we were late to class...oops

2) I went to the Vatican Museum and saw the Sistine Chapel again, it never ceases to amaze me. Art is truly incredible and something that I have always really enjoyed. In addition I got to see the Raphael room! It was sick...I wish I had sweet skills like that.

3) We needed American food...so where did we go? The Hard Rock Cafe of course! I spent a shit ton of money and it was kind of expensive, but it was a lot of fun and we got some drinks and overall good times. However it made me realize how gross American food makes you feel after you eat it...yucky

4) Went to the Ara Pacis of Augustus which was really cool and then Amelia and I had to go find the Villa Borghese, which was kind of a pain to get to, but none the less it was beautiful, just like everything here in Roma!

5) I went to the Ice Bar! It was 15 euros for entrance and you got a drink with that. Not a bad deal for a really cool experience. The whole bar is made of ice...even the cups! It is at -5 degrees celsius, which is 23 degrees Fahrenheit, needless to say they give you a cool looking thermal coat thing and some gloves. The place was sick and that night was overall not too bad.

6) We love Breezys, the US needs to get some of those.

7) The World Cup has officially started! We started it off right by going to the Bulldog Inn near Piazza Navona to watch the England vs. US game...things got reallll rowdy, but the US tied which was pretty good. On Sunday I met up with Mike Keenan (friend from high school!) and we went to Trastevere to watch the game of Italy vs. Paraguay, unfortunately Italy sucked that night and only scored. Kind of a disappointment, but whatever hopefully they'll win SUNDAY!! FORZA AZZURI

8) I went on a tour of the Jewish Ghetto of Rome with my family from Georgia! It was absolutely amazing and really really fun! Definitely suggest going there if you're ever in Rome! However the only thing that stunk is that they wouldn't give me cheese to put on my pasta with some meat sauce because they are all Kosher restaurants there.

9) We did karaoke again and sang "Like a Virgin" and Bruce's "Jersey Girl"...a lot of fun, but the Bruce was a fail. Sorry to all my NJ friends but Italy does not like the Boss...they do love Madonna though!

10) Last but not least. Tonight we had an amazing dinner at the Thai Restaurant here! We each an entree, bottle of water, two sodas, all had an appetizer, all had a dessert and they gave us complimentary peanut dipping sauce and a bottle of dessert wine and fries...it was all 70 dollars. Definitely going back there and they did Thai food better than I've ever had!

I'll leave you with this though. Last night at Karaoke night I met this guy. Someone was singing Aerosmith, and this guy tried to convince me that he was pretty much Steven Tyler and he wrote this song just for me. People are crazy. Going to Sardegna tomorrow! Peace

A presto.

Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment